The Cultural Development Fund announces the opening of applying in the
28th Aswan International Sculpture Symposium -held in Aswan city- from January 15th to March 5th, 2024.
- The interested artists should send the following until November 30th on: email@example.com
- filled and Signed the Application
- three 3 proposals, models or sketches of suggested sculptures (3 points of view) including description (title and dimensions)
- One-page CV in English.
- Photos of 3 previous sculptures in the same material (granite).
- Passport photocopy.
- Recent personal photo.
- The artist should bring his own tools including grinders (small and big machines, 5 inch and
- 9 inch).
- The artist should be available throughout the whole duration of the Symposium unless there
- is a previous agreement states otherwise.
- Participants will have the chance to show their works in an auditorium equipped with slide
- and video projectors.
- All works executed at the Symposium are considered a property of the Arab Republic of Egypt, Ministry of Culture, Cultural Development Fund.
- The results of the selections will be published at the website of the symposium on: http://www.aiss.gov.eg/
The Cultural Development Fund provides the following:
- International flight ticket (from the Capital) and domestic transportation will be paid by theCulture Development Fund).
- Full board accommodation in 4 stars Hotel -single room- (breakfast-lunch-dinner). Any additional personal expenses will be covered by the artist.
- Arrange cultural visits during the period of the symposium.
The Symposium will supply:
- Lifting and Moving machines.
- Steel traditional chisels (vidia not included).
- Diamond cutting disks.
- An assistant for every participant (8 hours per day)
- The participant is kindly requested to order in advance the stone measurements (height*width*depth) and colors (sizes are limited in black granite, usually the Symposium provides the participant one block of red Granite 10 tons weight).